?? Make IE 7 remember Visited

IkoIKo

Very annoying that in IE 7 under Vista Home Premium, it doesn't remember
visited links. It's not web sites. In otehr comps I have 98SE and XP, on 6
and 7, links show up in pruple, on Vista - always blue. Been to Tools >
Internet Options > General > Appearance > Colors and no changes work.

Is there something soemwhere I can set so visited shows up as having been
visited? Gets comfusing afetr researching and losing whre one has been.

1

127.0.0.1

Very annoying that in IE 7 under Vista Home Premium, it doesn't
remember visited links. It's not web sites. In otehr comps I have
98SE and XP, on 6 and 7, links show up in pruple, on Vista - always
blue. Been to Tools > Internet Options > General > Appearance >
Colors and no changes work.

Is there something soemwhere I can set so visited shows up as having
been visited? Gets comfusing afetr researching and losing whre one
has been.

I think they figured it out here:
http://aspnetresources.com/blog/vista_sucks.aspx

IkoIKo

If they found it, they hide it well. A search through that site for visited,
link, and color generates a lot of hits, none whichI could find that has a
solution, except the one that says get XP and that's out of the question -
no drivers for this comp except Vista.

IkoIKo

Hi Don,

Yes - History seems to be working OK.

Don Varnau said:
Hi,
Is the browsing history working properly in IE7?

Don
[MS MVP- IE]

IkoIKo said:
Very annoying that in IE 7 under Vista Home Premium, it doesn't remember
visited links. It's not web sites. In otehr comps I have 98SE and XP, on
6
and 7, links show up in pruple, on Vista - always blue. Been to Tools >
Internet Options > General > Appearance > Colors and no changes work.

Is there something soemwhere I can set so visited shows up as having been
visited? Gets comfusing afetr researching and losing whre one has been.

Don Varnau

Hi,
The record of visited sites in the index.dat file in the History folder. A
corrupted index.dat file can cause this problem, but first try...
Internet Options> General> Accessibility> check "Ignore colors specified on
webpages." The pages you're visiting may be using similar, undistinguishable
colors.

Or, you've been here, but take another try at changing colors.

Are you using CCleaner or another program to clear browsing history and/or
index.dat files?

Don
[MS MVP- IE]

IkoIKo

Many thanks Don. It was as simple as your suggestion " Internet Options>
General> Accessibility> check "Ignore colors specified on webpages." that
makes browsing a lot better now. Never thouhgt to look under
accessibility - will next time :)

Thanks again.

"IkoIKo" <noreplies[at]nospam.com> wrote in message
Very annoying that in IE 7 under Vista Home Premium, it doesn't remember
visited links. It's not web sites. In otehr comps I have 98SE and XP, on
6
and 7, links show up in pruple, on Vista - always blue. Been to Tools

Internet Options > General > Appearance > Colors and no changes work.

Is there something soemwhere I can set so visited shows up as having been
visited? Gets comfusing afetr researching and losing whre one has
been.

Don Varnau

Hi,
You're welcome. Thanks for the feedback.

Don