Excel Make formulas consecutive? Excell

Reaction score
Hello everybody, I know the absolute basics in excel I'm working with a excel workbook.
My Workbook layout it’s like this:
My first sheet contains a summary for the following sheets, listing the 1- 50 de details of each sheet, for instance:
Summary:
Sheet description Qty
1 boots 2
2 Sandals 8
3 Shoes 10
And so on…
My worksheets in turn take these values,
Each sheet takes the corresponding Values for its description and quantity fields.
I want to know how can I make sure next time I insert a new worksheet, it will automatically get updated to use the corresponding values?
For instance, say I already have sheet 1 & 2 and I want my 3 sheet.
So I copy one of my existing sheets so I can have the same layout, fields and properties as the last one, but I want my new sheet to show values on the 3 row… how can I do that?
Help?
Thank you so much.

Reaction score
I'm not sure how your formulas are set up, but wherever you have it reference back to the sheetname in the sheets that have data, you could use the following formula to return the sheet name as text which should give you something as far as lookups. Without knowing much about your file, this is just a guess. Let me know if it gets you on the right path:

=RIGHT(CELL("filename"),LEN(CELL("filename"))-FIND("]",CELL("filename")))

Ask a Question