    --
    Regards
    Weisenheimer

    Weisenheimer, Jul 25, 2009

  2. Weisenheimer

    Jim Guest

    "Weisenheimer" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Hi all,
    > I run a WXP SP3 installed from a WXP GA CD. All fixes and fix packs
    > received
    > from MS have been sucessfully installed. One outcome is, that C:\Windows
    > contains appr. 1 GB of data in ~ 150 of directories ($hf_mig$,
    > $NTUninstall,
    > ...) partly packed already. Nevertheless my virus scanner and windows
    > defender scans them each time a system scan is performed. This takes 80%
    > of
    > all virus scan time.
    >
    > Is there any safe and consistent way to get rid of these (unneeded)
    > files?
    > --
    > Regards
    > Weisenheimer

    This subject has been discussed many many many times.

    Leave $hf_mig$ alone. Move the others; which are only needed in case you
    want to uninstall a patch, to a DVD.

    Furthermore, if 1 GB of storage is significant, you really ought to consider
    a new system disk.

    Jim

    Jim, Jul 25, 2009

  3. Hello Weisenheimer,

    Have a look at this article. It may be relevant to your prºblem.

    Save Space After Installing Updates

    <http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/spack.htm>

    Another link that may be of interest -

    <http://www.pctipsbox.com/clearing-out-space-on-your-parents-system-hard-drive>