Newsgroups: microsoft.public.word
From: "Adam" <[email protected]> - Find messages by this author
Date: 10 Jan 2006 12:38:04 -0800
Subject: Conditional Formatting?
original | Remove | Report Abuse

Hi Guys,

I'm a Word newbie as I tend to spend most of my time in Excel and
Access, so please forgive me if this is a stupid question.

I'm completing a mail merge in work whereby I'm taking loads of fields
from a spreadsheet and placing them in a mail merged word document.

I want to apply conditional formatting on some of the merged fields,
whereby if the field is less than a figure, its coloured Red and if its

greater then it is coloured green.

Can this be done?

Many Thanks!

Adam

Adam

Thank you but this still only looks at the format displayed and not how
to colour the merged field depending on a condition.

Dave Peterson

First, I don't have a good answer...

But maybe you could ask in the MSWord newsgroups (or maybe someone will post a
reply here???) if you can pass an extra field in the mailmerge and use that in
the formatting of that other field.

You could add a column of formulas:
=if(a2<5,true,false)

This article describes how to use Mergefield in MSWord.
http://office.microsoft.com/en-ca/assistance/HA011164951033.aspx

I have no idea if you can change colors using this technique--back to the MSWord
newsgroups???