Mailmerge specific query results into Word

Reaction score
Hi there,

The project I'm overviewing in work requires me to send out letters to customers containing variable information on their personal power consumption in their properties after a year of being in their property.

I have set up a query that filters the customers who have been at the property for a year, what I need to do now is set up the mail merge so that I can print off individual letters at a time containing the respective results.

What I want the form I have set up to do is allow me to open up Word containing the results from the record that I have open. The problem I've been having so far is that sometimes Word is opening up unmerged and not allowing to merge the document and, if it is allowing to merge, opening up all the records from the query, starting at record 1 and not the record that I am working on.

I'll be the first to admit I'm not totally proficient with Access, having not used it since I did programming in school, but looking to get back into it. As a result, I may have set up the entire query wrong :blush:.

As it stands, I don't have access to the internet at work and am unable to email the database back to my personal email due to data protection issues so I don't have a copy of the code that I am using. What I have done so far is to create a Word template that is linked to the query that I have set up in Access.

Any help on this matter would be much appreciated :)

Ask a Question