Hello,
I'd like to print a page of Avery 5264 labels of the a single record. Can
someone help me? I have Access 2003.

Thanks in advance,
Ellen

A

Al Campagna

Ellen,
Usually, you'd want to print a label for a record that your viewing on a form. Say...
Jane Smith with EmpID = 46 for example.
In the query behind your label report use that value on the form to restrict/filter the
report results. The EmpId in the query would have a criteria of...
= Forms!frmYourFormName!EmpID

That takes care of the "one person's" label... now we'll set it up so you can say "give
me a page of Jane Smith's labels"
Add an "unbound" field to your form called HowManyLabels.
Create a table (tblLabelCount) with just one field, LabelCount, and populate it with
numbers 1,2,3,4,5, etc... to a number that would represent the number of labels on one
page, or more if you'd like. (Let's say 18 is one page for example.)
OK, now add that table to the query behind your label report, add the LabelCount field
to the grid... BUT... do not create any relationship between tblLabelCount and your
primary data table. This is a Cartesian relationship. When you run the query Jane Smith
will display 18 times. If you printed that report right now, you'd fill one page with 18
labels.

To add more flexibility, place this criteria in your LabelCount field in the query...
<= Forms!YourFormName!HowManyLabels
OK, you're looking at Jane Smith's record on the form, you enter some number in
HowManyLabels (say 10), and you hit your label report button. The report will print 10
labels for EmpID = 46 on one page.

Ask a Question