Mail Merge on Behalf Of with Merge Fields

NickW

Our marketing director is sending out an email using a mail merge via Word
2007. We know how to send an email on behalf of the boss via delegate access,
and we thought we would just paste the email list into the "BCC" field and
send out from Outlook in order for the email to appear to be sent From
(Marketing Director) On Behalf of (Boss). However, they also want to use
merge fields to customize the email so that it says, "Dear [Recipient name]",
etc. In short we want to:

Mail Merge > Email > Recipient List > Using Custom Merge Fields > Send on
Behalf Of

Is this possible? If so, how? Let me know if clarification is needed.

Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]

Send On Behalf Of and mail merge are not compatible. To do what you want
using only Office applications, the marketing director will need to start
Outlook with a mail profile that connects directly with the boss' mailbox.

Daisy Cao [MSFT]

Hello Nick,

Our MVP Sue kindly provided information of this issue. If you have further
concerns, feel free to post back:

Regards,

Daisy Cao, MCSE 2000

Microsoft Online Support