Mail merge Excel Data

Reaction score
Hi.
I am new to this forum and I hope I can find someone who can help me.
Basically I want to merge some excel data into a word document.
The word document is a packing slip. It contains information for the customer, order #, order date, sku, item #, qty, and description among other smal details.
All these information is of course in an excel file.
The way the excel file is built is one line (row) per item number.
In other words, the order #, customer name and address as well as item information is all in one line. If the customer ordered more than one item, that information is on the next line (row). All the info is the same for the customer except the item information.
I want to merge all the information and print one packing slip per customer. This packing slip should have all the item that were purchased by that customer.
Doing the simple merge and designing the documnet is done!
My problem is how do I make MS words check for the current record and compares it to the previous one to see if they are similiar (order number) if they are then it will move to the next record and merge the item information.
If the order number is not the same,, then it will continue creating a whole new documnet nd merge the information for that current record.
How can I archive this?
Please help!
Francisco

Ask a Question