Macro Help

NPell

This is my macro..

Sub FindDuplicates()

Sheets("Current Month").Select
Range("R2").Select

ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = _
"=IF(COUNTIF(Duplicates!C[-14],RC[-14])>=1,""Y"","""")"
Range("R2").Select
Selection.AutoFill Destination:=Range("R2:R2000"),
Type:=xlFillDefault
Range("R2:R2000").Select

Sheets("Current Month").Select
Columns("R:R").Select
Selection.Copy
SkipBlanks _
:=False, Transpose:=False
Application.CutCopyMode = False
Range("R3").Select
End Sub

It works fine, but the Worksheet name "Duplicates" varies and i need
to be able to select different cells - how can i make a pop up box to
type in the Month name, or just select the right worksheet, or even
column (although it is D:D on every worksheet),

If you can help - thanks in advance.

Bob Phillips

Sub FindDuplicates()
Dim SheetName As String
Dim Target As Range

Set Target = Application.InputBox("Select any cell on the target sheet
with the mouse", Type:=8)
If Not Target Is Nothing Then

SheetName = Target.Parent.Name
With Sheets("Current Month")

.Range("R2").FormulaR1C1 = _
"=IF(COUNTIF('" & SheetName &
"'!C[-14],RC[-14])>=1,""Y"","""")"
.Range("R2").AutoFill Destination:=.Range("R2:R2000"),
Type:=xlFillDefaultSelect
.Columns("R:R").Copy
.PasteSpecial Paste:=xlPasteValues, _
Operation:=xlNone, _
SkipBlanks:=False, _
Transpose:=False
.Range("R3").Select
End With
Application.CutCopyMode = False
End If
End Sub

--
---
HTH

Bob

NPell

[...]

If you can help - thanks in advance.- Hide quoted text -

This is brilliant, thankyou. I had to edit the end bit though, cos i
kept getting that the desination cells were different - so i changed
.Columns("R:R").Copy
Columns("R:R").Select
Selection.Copy

But thats minor, thanks very much Bob.

Ive tried it now with 2 worksheets, is there a way of getting to to
leave the Y if it is already there - rather than overwriting it??
Thanks again if someone can help with this tweak.

Bob Phillips

Leave which Y where?

--
---
HTH

Bob

[...]

addy)

[...]

Thanks again if someone can help with this tweak.- Hide quoted text -

It shows if its a duplicate by putting a Y... but if i re-do it again
referencing it to another tab, it overwrites any Y thats there with a
space/blank cell if it isnt applicable again - can i get it to leave
it as a Y if its there?

Bob Phillips

Does this do what you want?

Sub FindDuplicates()
Dim SheetName As String
Dim Target As Range

Set Target = Application.InputBox( _
"Select any cell on the target sheet with the mouse", Type:=8)
If Not Target Is Nothing Then

SheetName = Target.Parent.Name
With Sheets("Current Month")

If .Range("R2").Value <> "Y" Then

"NPell" <[email protected]> wrote in message
[...]

it as a Y if its there?- Hide quoted text -

Awesome, thanks mate.