Windows Vista Low RAM rating in Vista.

Reaction score
Hey guys,

So I recently got the parts and put together my new comp. Great! But the it wouldn't boot so I played about and relised it was one of the RAM chips so off it goes to get replaced while Im stuck with 1, 1GB or RAM
1-sad.gif
. Anyways I preceded to boot from the vista CD and install windows but I found that it was pretty slow during the setup. ie, When it gets to the just before the EULA part where it says please wait........ I have to wait like 5-10 minutes! I know that it's running slower than it should because I had a system slower than this and it zoomed past those bits. It takes over an hour to install windows
1-sad.gif

I thought this was something to do with my L2 cache or RAM so ran memtest and prime95 both for 8 hrs and no errors, but if it was running slow, then it would go through these tests with no errors anyways right? I've double checked the BIOS and L2 cache is on and fine.

I've just run the VISTA rating thing and everything except the memory per second rating is 5.9. Good! But the memory per second rating is 4.5?!?!! this a big difference and also confirms that definitly something to do with RAM or L2.

System spec:

CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q9300 - 2.5 GHz (2x3 MB L2, 1333 MHz FSB)Mainboard: Asus Striker II Extreme, NF790i, 3-way SLI, S 775, PCI-E 2.0 (x16), DDR3 1160/1333/2000, ATXMemory: 1GB OCZ DDR3 PC3-12800 FlexXLC Edition (CL 6-6-6-18)Hard Drive: Seagate Barracuda 160GB SATA 8MB cache (Soon to be WD Raptor x2 RAID 0)Video: XFX GTX260 896MB PCI-E 2.0Sound: HD Exteme AudioCD Rom: LG DVD Burner SATAPower Supply: Coolermaster Realpower R700 (700W)Printer: Epson Stylus CX5500OS: Windows VISTA Ultimate SP1 64 Bit

Ask a Question