Lotus Notes Connector for Lotus Notes

Josh Jandrain

We are attempting to use the Lotus Notes Connector for
Outlook 2002. We can send mail internally but when we
attempt to send internet mail we get a delivery failure
report stating "Error Transferring to 192.168.20.6; field
in note has wrong datatype"

Has anyone been able to resolve this?

Thank You.

Josh

Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]

You might want to download the new version that was posted at Office Online
earlier this week.

Terry Liu [MSFT]

Hi Josh,

Thank you for posting here!

You can download the connector from the link and install it to check the
issue again:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=60C4D659-3249-46CC-
9CB9-DB128B38E399&displaylang=en

In addition, you can refer to the IBM's web site for more information:

http://www.ibm.com/search?en=utf&v=11&lang=en&cc=us&lv=w&q=lotus+wrong+datat
ype&x=3&y=8

Hope it helps!

Best regards,

Terry Liu
MCSE 2K MCSA MCDBA CCNA
Microsoft Online Support Engineer

Get Secure! - <www.microsoft.com/security>

Balaji Hariharan [MSFT]

Josh,
Was this problem happening with some of the earlier builds that you were
trying out in the Beta program or is it a problem that was always there?
Also, it would be nice to know if any changes in the Domino
configurations/settings were done recently?
Thanks
//Balaji Hariharan

Josh Jandrain

Hi Balaji--

We narrowed down the issue. The issue only ocurrs when we attempt to
send mail outside of our domain and is being caused by TrendMicro's
"ScanMail for Lotus Notes" version 2.51 running on our AS400. Once we
shut ScanMail down we were able to successfully send an external email
message. I was emailing back and forth with another user from
newsgroups and his company is using Scanmail as well. It appears that
ScanMail for Lotus Notes blocks email that is going outside the domain
because of some field in the the note has the wrong datatype (Or so it
thinks.)

The support from Trendmicro is terrible so I don't forsee that we'll
be able to resolve this issue with them unless you figure out a
workaround.

Balaji Hariharan [MSFT]

Josh,
Thanks for figuring out the problem. If this is a severe blocker, I
recommend you go through Microsoft support channels to *try* to get this
issue fixed or get a workaround. They should be able to tell you if this is
a simple fix or not and if they can fix it.
Thanks
//Balaji Hariharan