Lost A Document

species8350

I use Word m2002.

I have lost a document on my pc. Look as I may, I cannot find it. It
was created over the last few days. Has anyone any idea where it
might be.

I use Vista Home Premium 32 bit.

Thanks

species8350

Have you tried searching for the document in Windows?

Yes, but no luck.

I thought that I saved the file, but I can't find it.

If for some reason the file was not saved, is there a record somewhere?

Stefan Blom

You could search for autorecover files (*.asd) in Windows Explorer, but
these are usually deleted unless Word crashed. For future use, you can
download an add-in that saves backups, automatically if you wish. See
http://www.gmayor.com/Zips/SaveReminder.zip.

Word 2010 works a bit differently, as it retains autorecovery files for an
unsaved document even if Word exits normally. However, saving manually (or
using the add-in), is recommended even in that version.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"species8350" wrote in message

[...]

Thank you, I'll look for any asd files. I assume that the extension
means auto saved documents.

I'll also have a look at the link.

Best wishes.

species8350

Thank you, I'll look for any asd files. I assume that the extension
means auto saved documents.

I'll also have a look at the link.

Best wishes.

I have just been to the gmayer site.

To protect myself in the event of crash, I enabled the options
recommended. I note that when I now exit Word I get a message telling
me that changes have been made to the template and asking if I want to
save. I get this message every time I use Word. Is this normal?

Thanks