lookup question

M

Mike106

I have a form with fields bound to table1. Field1 is a combo list that is populated by values from field1 in table2. Tsble2 has other fields that correspond to fields in table1. When I am adding a new record in talbe1 and select a choice in the field1 combo list that would have the same value in field1 in table2, I would like to have the corresponding values from the corresponding table2 fields to appear in the form but not necessarily accepting the values before I commit the record to the table. How do I accomplishthis? I am new to VBA.

fx3

Reaction score
"appear but not accept"... not sure what you mean....

you can "hide" certain columns (e.g. the key column) in the combobox, so that the combobox is still bound to column 1 but shows column 2.

If by "appear but not accept", you mean you want a way to "save" your record manually, you could also accomplish it in another way - accept the data, but have the ability to "undo"

Ask a Question