LOOKUP I think?

F

Frick

I need a formula that will take an amount associated with a month date and then associate the month
with the year that it falls in and take the yearly amount and multiply it times the monthly amount.

Here is my reference cells.

THE YEARLY RANGE:
C8:R8 Dates starting with the first day of each year, like 1/1/04. The first date is entered
and the remaining across the columns is in the form of DATE(YEAR(c8)+1,MONTH(c8),DAY(c8))

C10:R10 has numbers entered such as $10.25

THE MONTHLY RANGE:
C25:AD25 Dates here are the 1st day of each month, such as 5/1/04 These dates are
formula driven with the first date entered and the remaining across col's referring to the formula
for the last day of the month in row 26.

C26:AD26 Dates which are the last day of each month, such as 5/31/04. These dates are
formula driven using the EOMONTH(__,0).

C31:AD31 Amount numbers per month, such as 1458, 2385, 978 etc

An example of what the formula should do is for every cell that has a number in ROW: 31 match the
month associated with amount (ROW 25) and then LOOKUP the year that the month fall in (Like Year
2005) and take the number associated with that year (ROW 10) and multiply it by the amount in the
monthly amount (ROW 31).

Thanks for all help.

Ask a Question