looking up data from within sql statement

G

This is long one...I have a crosstab query that both a form and a report access. The crosstab query, form, report work great, took me a while to program dynamic header, detail section and report fields but they all work great. The crosstab info essentially shows students (in rows) with assignment ids (in columns) and their grades as the crosstab info. What I want is to display as headers, instead of assignment ids, the type of assignment, Homework 1, Test 3, Quiz 2, etc. It seems passing that info into my crosstab query screws up the crosstab query. As of now, in the crosstab query, I have each student in a separate row, with their grades in separate columns for each assignment. If I pass the type of assignment into the crosstab query, one student with multiple assignments will be listed in multiple rows, with an individual row for each assignment.

Question is: During the loading of the form or report, how can I look up my assignment table and obtain the appropriate info based on the assignment id, that is being passed into each column header text box? I hope the description of the problem is adequate. Help, please?

Ask a Question