Looking to implement "Scrolling Text--Is this possible?

G

Hi There:
I am looking to record a"multi-media" VHS Video tape utilizing audio,video (as in photos) and scrolling text underneath the photos. I am NOT recording this from a web-site or a "Home-Page", bur DIRECTLY from my computer screen (as I have athe "Windows"slideshow" which would run the photos). I also have a device which will allow me to transfer ANYTHING on screen to VHS Video Tape--so that part is taken care of. In addition, I have the "audio portion" hooked up to the VHS VCR--so audio is not an "issue". What I am TRYING to do is implement VARIOUS "scrolling text" UNDER the photos (generated by "Slideshow"). What would be the best way for me to achieve that?

E

Echo S

You can use a custom animation to scroll text in a textbox, but all
video will be played on the "top" level in PPT -- you can't overlay
other things on top of video, so it won't work as your background
scrolling text underneath photos.

G

Hi Eric--
Not sure what you mena by your reply--or if you're "clear" on what I'm trying to do--Basically, Just like CNN with a continuous "scroll" (or "Crawling text") UNDERNEATH the FULL SCREEN "Slideshow"--is that possible? If so, how else besides "Powerpoint" --which I don't have (looked in MSWord 2000-not there).
-Nonymous

E

Echo S

Actually, my name is Echo, not Eric.

At any rate, I understand you want text to scroll across the slide. What
I guess I didn't understand from the first post is what you meant by
"underneath" the full screen slideshow. And with all the information
about "video" included, I thought you wanted text to scroll across the
top of a video clip you'd inserted into PowerPoint. Sorry about that
misunderstanding; I didn't read closely enough.

Since you want the text to scroll across the bottom area of the slide
(as it does on the bottom of the CNN screen on television), you can use
custom animation settings to make the textboxes scroll that way. To be
specific, you can do that in the custom animation settings in
PowerPoint, and versions 2002 and 2003 will give you more control over
the speed of that scroll than previous versions will.

However, I'm a bit confused now by your question about how to do this
without PowerPoint. If you don't have PPT or are not using it for this
project, why are you posting your question in the PPT newsgroup? If
you're using "Windows Slideshow" (a program I'm not familiar with), you
may receive better information from a Windows newsgroup or by calling MS
Product Support.

--
Echo [MS PPT MVP]
http://www.echosvoice.com
Hi Eric--
Not sure what you mena by your reply--or if you're "clear" on what I'm trying to do--Basically, Just like CNN with a continuous "scroll" (or "Crawling text") UNDERNEATH the FULL SCREEN "Slideshow"--is that possible? If so, how else besides "Powerpoint" --which I don't have (looked in MSWord 2000-not there).
-Nonymous

Echo said:
You can use a custom animation to scroll text in a textbox, but all
video will be played on the "top" level in PPT -- you can't overlay
other things on top of video, so it won't work as your background
scrolling text underneath photos.

--
Echo [MS PPT MVP]
http://www.echosvoice.com
Hi There:
I am looking to record a"multi-media" VHS Video tape utilizing audio,video (as in photos) and scrolling text underneath the photos. I am NOT recording this from a web-site or a "Home-Page", bur DIRECTLY from my computer screen (as I have athe "Windows"slideshow" which would run the photos). I also have a device which will allow me to transfer ANYTHING on screen to VHS Video Tape--so that part is taken care of. In addition, I have the "audio portion" hooked up to the VHS VCR--so audio is not an "issue". What I am TRYING to do is implement VARIOUS "scrolling text" UNDER the photos (generated by "Slideshow"). What would be the best way for me to achieve that?

Ask a Question