Looking for a notebook with good video card

Discussion in 'Computer Hardware' started by Peter, Jan 1, 2005.

  1. Peter

    Peter Guest

    Hi

    Im looking for a notebook with a video card that can handle 3D games,
    such as the Radeon Mobility 9700. I have a hard time finding any apart
    from desktop replacements like the Acer Aspire 1800 series.

    One candidate is the Acer TM4501WLMi

    http://www.acer.ca/acerpanam/page4....oupCtxParam=0&dctx1=27&ctx1=CA&crc=1247871870

    but perhaps you guys have some other options?

    I will be buying it in Canada - or perhaps the US, although Im not
    sure about taxes and customs if I do so. They seem cheaper in the US.
    (Im moving to Canada from Denmark so not sure how things work there).

    Thanks in advance,
    Peter

    Peter, Jan 1, 2005

  2. Peter

    John Smithe Guest

    Peter <> wrote in

    > Hi
    >
    > Im looking for a notebook with a video card that can handle 3D games,
    > such as the Radeon Mobility 9700. I have a hard time finding any apart
    > from desktop replacements like the Acer Aspire 1800 series.
    >
    > One candidate is the Acer TM4501WLMi
    >
    > http://www.acer.ca/acerpanam/page4.do?dau22.oid=6718&UserCtxParam=0&Group
    > CtxParam=0&dctx1=27&ctx1=CA&crc=1247871870
    >
    > but perhaps you guys have some other options?
    >
    > I will be buying it in Canada - or perhaps the US, although Im not
    > sure about taxes and customs if I do so. They seem cheaper in the US.
    > (Im moving to Canada from Denmark so not sure how things work there).
    >
    > Thanks in advance,
    > Peter

    Look into Alienware and Dell. (Got a fat wallet?)

    John Smithe, Jan 2, 2005