Looking for 2 Programs

Old Gringo

1. I am looking for a program that will remove items from the
startup list that are left there after the program is removed.

2. A Program that will shut down running programs in start up list
to preform maintenance tasks. "Clean up, scan disk, Defrag., etc."

No TIA, I will return to Thank You.

elaich

ceed
<ceed@abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyzabcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyzabcdefghijk.com
wrote in news:blush:p.sr9nmtpy21xk10@bob:

StartCleaner:
http://www.snapfiles.com/get/startcleaner.html

I'm not sure if this is what Old Gringo wanted. It didn't do what I
wanted.

If I read his question correctly, he is looking for a program to remove
invalid entires from the startup menu you access when using msconfig.
This program does not seem to do that. It only found 2 empty folders that
had nothing to do with invalid or unticked items in startup.

Does anyone know of a program that will accomplish this?

burnr

elaich said:
ceed
<ceed@abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyzabcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyzabcdefghijk.c
om

I'm not sure if this is what Old Gringo wanted. It didn't do what I
wanted.

If I read his question correctly, he is looking for a program to
remove invalid entires from the startup menu you access when using
msconfig. This program does not seem to do that. It only found 2 empty
folders that had nothing to do with invalid or unticked items in
startup.

Does anyone know of a program that will accomplish this?

Have you tried StartUp Control Panel by Mike Lin?
http://www.mlin.net/StartupCPL.shtml

Old Gringo

That worked just fine, got rid of the unwanted entries in startup
menu. Thank You.

old jon

Old Gringo said:
That worked just fine, got rid of the unwanted entries in startup menu.
Thank You.
HI OGG. fancy seeing you over here in a.c.f. best wishes. old jon

Old Gringo

old said:
HI OGG. fancy seeing you over here in a.c.f. best wishes. old jon
HEY !! How goes it? I am always looking for something where ever I
can find it. These guys over are super.

AAH

Simple way is run config utility - click the
starup tab - hit the cleanup button.
It will flush out all the entries for which
there is no .EXE file in the os.

AAH said:
Simple way is run config utility - click the
starup tab - hit the cleanup button.
It will flush out all the entries for which
there is no .EXE file in the os.

If what you are referring to is in WinXP, I am running Win98se.
Thanks.

dansheen

Old said:
1. I am looking for a program that will remove items from the startup
list that are left there after the program is removed.

2. A Program that will shut down running programs in start up list to
preform maintenance tasks. "Clean up, scan disk, Defrag., etc."

No TIA, I will return to Thank You.
I know most people here favor Mike Lin's startup program. I switched to
starter a few years ago which I think has both functions you
requested and works on 9x through xp.
Starter is yet another startup manager for Microsoft Windows

As a primary purpose, Starter allows one to view and manage all the
programs that are starting automatically whenever operating system is
items and some of the initialization files, so that the user could
choose to temporarily disable selected entries, edit them, create new,
or delete them permanently.

Secondary purpose is to list all the running processes with possibility
to view extended process' information (such as used DLLs, memory usage,
thread count, priorities etc.), and to terminate selected process (even
a Windows NT service, having enough access rights).

Starter is a real Freeware and is not crippled in any way among the
similar products. The user interface is pretty simple and has a lot of
options that are self-explanatory.
http://codestuff.cjb.net/