Logon Scripts Do Not Work

G

I cannot get a logon script to work no matter what I do!! Help!!

First, I tried using a GPO. I simply created a small batch that contained two net use statements. I put it into the directory that the GPO defaulted to. The login script never executes from a client compuer. As a low level user I can map to the spot on the server and find the stupid script and run it manually. I does work. But the GPO doesnt call the script. The script is named script1.bat.

Next, I tried to specify the script location on the profile tab of the individual user. Again the script was never called. Again I could manually find and execute the script as that user.

Thirdly, I made a home folder, put my script there. Specified the home folder path in both the GPO and the profile tab. It never calls it.

Fourthly, on a wild lark, I tried logging into my domain controller, lo and behold, it works from there, but nowhere else. It does not work from a different domain controller, just the one I was working from. I can look at the GPO from the other DCs and everything is there.

This is making me crazy!! Please help!

Thanx,

Joy

G

I wish it were so simple. I have specified the DNS server on all of my DCs. In fact the one DC that the logon script does work from is the DNS server.....

To further explain all the itterations I have tried. I even put the logon script into my Default Domain GPO. That GPO does work and is applied to all client computers. However, it never calls my simple two line logon script.

Thanx,

Joy

Ask a Question