Logon and E-Mails.

R

Roy

Hello all,
I have Windows XP (Ver.2002 with SP1 + all updates) Pro.
When I go to the Logon I can see my user but from some
reason it is not telling me that I have new unread E-
Mails. (I do have them in my Hotmail!)
I'm connected to MSN Messenger 6 and I set up the .Net
Passport thing with my user.

What can I do so that he will tell me if I have new E-
Mails in the LOGON screen?

Thank you,
Roy.

D

David Candy

You need to download a program to do so. The unread mail is handled by Messenger in XP Gold. But if you update messenger (and it reminds you to do so frequently) the feature was removed from the main messenger program so the feature stops working. There is an addin program to messenger that as it's minor function update the unread mail account (one of the addin it offers to download - the alerts one I think is it - anyway it's the one you need installed top r/c Open Hotmail to work). Note only Outlook Express and hotmail accessed via messenger updates the account (I know nothing of the non windows programs MSN Explorer) for the default mail account only.

R

Roy

So from where I download this add-on?
(I didn't understand this from your replay)

Thank you! Roy.

-----Original Message-----
You need to download a program to do so. The unread mail
is handled by Messenger in XP Gold. But if you update
messenger (and it reminds you to do so frequently) the
feature was removed from the main messenger program so
the feature stops working. There is an addin program to
messenger that as it's minor function update the unread
mail account (one of the addin it offers to download -
the alerts one I think is it - anyway it's the one you
need installed top r/c Open Hotmail to work). Note only
Outlook Express and hotmail accessed via messenger
updates the account (I know nothing of the non windows
programs MSN Explorer) for the default mail account only.

D

David Candy

Within messenger somewhere. It would have asked when it was first updated. I don't have that version installed but something on the View menu.
It's the things that run down the left hand side of the main window. They're all crap. I think it's the one that gets messenger to send you reminders. The only one installed by default is the Singapore Stock Exchange (why this is so important - beats me).

You need to download a program to do so. The unread mail is handled by Messenger in XP Gold. But if you update messenger (and it reminds you to do so frequently) the feature was removed from the main messenger program so the feature stops working. There is an addin program to messenger that as it's minor function update the unread mail account (one of the addin it offers to download - the alerts one I think is it - anyway it's the one you need installed top r/c Open Hotmail to work). Note only Outlook Express and hotmail accessed via messenger updates the account (I know nothing of the non windows programs MSN Explorer) for the default mail account only.

Ask a Question