locked keyboard & dead mouse

G

MY optical mouse told me it needed new batteries and when I changed them, the mouse locked up. My optical keyboard has also locked up and I can't do anything on the computer. My windows xp now loads up twice but the keyboard and mouse will not respond. Any ideas on how I can get them release short of buying a new keyboard and mouse?? I have tried re-booting the system and I tried unplugging the keyboard/mouse connections and re-plugging them
Thanks for a computer know all most nothing person.

?

=?ISO-8859-15?Q?Sti=A9ky?=

MY optical mouse told me it needed new batteries and when I changed them, the mouse locked up. My optical keyboard has also locked up and I can't do anything on the computer. My windows xp now loads up twice but the keyboard and mouse will not respond. Any ideas on how I can get them release short of buying a new keyboard and mouse?? I have tried re-booting the system and I tried unplugging the keyboard/mouse connections and re-plugging them.
Not knowing your setup, if its a cordless system there may be a little
"reset" button on the transceiver portion (the part wired to your
computer), or perhaps on the mouse/keyboard. Take a close look. If its
there, press it and that should solve your problem.

G

Gary Tait

MY optical mouse told me it needed new batteries and when I changed them, the mouse locked up. My optical keyboard has also locked up and I can't do anything on the computer. My windows xp now loads up twice but the keyboard and mouse will not respond. Any ideas on how I can get them release short of buying a new keyboard and mouse?? I have tried re-booting the system and I tried unplugging the keyboard/mouse connections and re-plugging them.

Are they PS/2 or USB? Have you tried another keyboard/mouse? The port
fuse may have blown.

Ask a Question