Lock two rows

Needs Help

I want to be able to lock two rows in my spreadsheet. However here is the
hard part, I want to be able to add columns to that worksheet just not to
those two rows.

So lock rows 8 and 9, then add a column to the worksheet but the column is
not added to rows 8 and 9.

Please help.

Jim Cone

What you describe cannot be done.
The number of columns and rows on a worksheet cannot be changed.
However, you can insert cells. Try ...
selecting B1:B7,
right-clicking and choosing "Insert" from the popup menu,
then choosing "shift cells right" from the dialog box.
--
Jim Cone
San Francisco, USA

"Needs Help"
wrote in message
I want to be able to lock two rows in my spreadsheet. However here is the
hard part, I want to be able to add columns to that worksheet just not to
those two rows.
So lock rows 8 and 9, then add a column to the worksheet but the column is
not added to rows 8 and 9.
Please help.

Gord Dibben

Cannot be done.

First of all you cannot lock two rows together, although you Freeze rows 1 and 2
so they remain on screen as you scroll down.

Second of all a column encompasses all rows of of a sheet.

Re-think your needs.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP