localization, resource not being added to satellite assembly

C#, VS.NET v 1.1, Winforms

I have an applications with lots of forms and user controls. We have gone
through and turned on the Localizable property for all of them and added
modified resx files (german) for a quick test.

Most seem to have worked straight out. But I have three that did not.
These were either being stored with the wrong path or were not being added
into the satellite assembly.

The wrong path was caused by a .net bug, having a delegate before the class
code. Fixing this then dropped back to the resource not being loaded into the
satellite assembly issue.

Two started working after I deleted the added (german) resx file, then added
a new one (africanis) for a different local. This different locale built
properly, and when I added the original (german) resx file back in it now
also built properly.

The third file is not being fixed by this procedure. VS.net refuses to add
the german resx data into the german satellite assembly. I can see that the
resx is compiled in the OBJ folder. But using ILDASM and looking at the
Manifest, the resource is not included.

I do not know why the procedure fixed two files, or why it does not fix the
third. Any ideas on whats going on???
Thanks in Advance

Peter Huang [MSFT]

Hi

I reviewed the thread and find that there is a similar issue in the
newsgroup below.Now I have replied to you, you may go and take a look.
Subject: Alink error, creating satellite assembly
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework

If you still have any concern, please post in that thread, and I will
follow you up there.

Best regards,

Peter Huang
Microsoft Online Partner Support