Listing messages I have replied to or forwarded

When I sort an Outlook 2003 (Version 11.6568.6568 SP2) message folder by the
message Icon it does not group messages replied to, messages forwarded, read
messages and unread messages in separate groups. Earlier versions of Outlook
used to group replied-to and forwarded messages separately, which is
important for the way I like to manage my messages.

I want to be able to review and delete messages that I have forwarded,
review and delete messages without attachments that I have replied to, and
review messages that I have neither forwarded nor replied to.

First of all, I don't have a "Sort by icon" view. If I click on the Icon, I
get a sort-by-message-class view. So perhaps my question should be: Why do
I get a view sorted by Message Class and not one sorted by Icon?

However, I now have a partial answer to my original question. It is
connected with the view having the "Show in groups" option selected. I have
defined a new view grouped by Attachment and sorted by Icon, which seems to
give me what I wanted.

Russ Valentine said:
Why don't you use the "Sort by icon" view?
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
AlanAJ said:
When I sort an Outlook 2003 (Version 11.6568.6568 SP2) message folder by
the
message Icon it does not group messages replied to, messages forwarded,
read
messages and unread messages in separate groups. Earlier versions of
Outlook
used to group replied-to and forwarded messages separately, which is
important for the way I like to manage my messages.

I want to be able to review and delete messages that I have forwarded,
review and delete messages without attachments that I have replied to, and
review messages that I have neither forwarded nor replied to.

Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]

Any view can be customized to Sort By Icon.
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]

AlanAJ said:
When I sort an Outlook 2003 (Version 11.6568.6568 SP2) message folder
by
the
message Icon it does not group messages replied to, messages forwarded,
read
messages and unread messages in separate groups. Earlier versions of
Outlook
used to group replied-to and forwarded messages separately, which is
important for the way I like to manage my messages.

I want to be able to review and delete messages that I have forwarded,
review and delete messages without attachments that I have replied to,
and
review messages that I have neither forwarded nor replied to.

Joined
Mar 9, 2012
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
outlook filter for "MESSAGES THAT HAVE BEEN REPLIED TO"

Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook];10948362 said:
Why don't you use the "Sort by icon" view?
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
&quot;AlanAJ&quot; <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> When I sort an Outlook 2003 (Version 11.6568.6568 SP2) message folder by
> the
> message Icon it does not group messages replied to, messages forwarded,
> read
> messages and unread messages in separate groups. Earlier versions of
> Outlook
> used to group replied-to and forwarded messages separately, which is
> important for the way I like to manage my messages.
>
> I want to be able to review and delete messages that I have forwarded,
> review and delete messages without attachments that I have replied to, and
> review messages that I have neither forwarded nor replied to.

Hello, I too need to see listed ONLY messages I have replied to, or messages I have NOT replied to. There's no icon showing any of the messages I've replied to, or I'd sort via that criterion/icon so that I could select and delete all the other messages except the most recent.> I need an SQL advanced filter. Can anybody help with this, please? This seems to me an essential feature to have. There must be very many people who, as i have, have been accessing gmails through a different client [in my case, outlook express], which client hasn't deleted messages that were deleted in the other client, even though messages that were replied to in the other client have been listed in the Sent folder and have updated into Outlook. Though these Sent messages have updated into outlook, the messages in the Inbox that were replied to are not in any way marked. I need them to be marked. I hope this has made sense and that someone can help, because I currently have 50,000 supposedly unread messages in the Inbox for this account, which in OE had been culled day by day. And i don't want to have to go through the whole lot again piecemeal.

Last edited: