List attached file name in text of email

jalvarez1

I've received emails from colleagues that have the name of the file
that is attached in the text of the email.

For example:

From: (e-mail address removed)
To: (e-mail address removed)
Date: Now

Hi,

Here's an attachement.

Thanks, them

<<filename.fileextension>>

How do you get Outlook to do that? I asked my colleauge and she didn't
know how. It would be very useful so that I could remove large file
attachments from sent emails, but still show the file name of what was
sent.

Thanks!

You mean it has the name of the attachment, as well as the attachment? The
example you gave looks like part of a Reply, where the attachment is not
included in the reply, just the file name.

jalvarez1

You mean it has the name of the attachment, as well as the attachment? The
example you gave looks like part of a Reply, where the attachment is not
included in the reply, just the file name.

No, it's in the email being sent to me directly. I was wondering how
to do that and if it would show in the message in the "sent mail"
folder too.