Links don't open

About a year ago this problem started. I click on a link on the page, it blinks off and on but doesn't open. I have done most of the updates, tried different setting etc. This also happens in Netscape and Mozilla. I had to use Opera to even send this message. Tried in IE and the links did the same thing. About ready to dump IE except some sites don't support Opera. I like IE better when it worked properly.

Don Varnau

Hi,
There are a number of possibilities.
See:
1. http://www.fjsmjs.com/OE/nolinks.htm
2. http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=281679
3. http://www.mvps.org/inetexplorer/answers2.htm#hyperlinks
4. http://www.mvps.org/inetexplorer/answers.htm#new_window

Regards,
Don
--
MVP IE/OE
Please reply to the newsgroup so that others may participate.

Phyllis J Tichi said:
About a year ago this problem started. I click on a link on the page, it
blinks off and on but doesn't open. I have done most of the updates, tried
different setting etc. This also happens in Netscape and Mozilla. I had to
use Opera to even send this message. Tried in IE and the links did the same
thing. About ready to dump IE except some sites don't support Opera. I like
IE better when it worked properly.

Rich/rerat

Phyllis,
In addition what Don has recommended, did you add an Ad-Pop-up blocker program to your PC, or AV/Firewall Suite of programs, such as Norton or McAffee. Or maybe the toolbars from Yahoo or Google? Or was added by your ISP, such as EarthLink?

You may need to go into its settings, and select to allow such pop-ups for that site, I had a similar issue with POGO game site, a banking site that I use.

Rich/rerat

(RRR News) <message rule>

Phyllis J Tichi said:
About a year ago this problem started. I click on a link on the page, it
blinks off and on but doesn't open. I have done most of the updates, tried
different setting etc. This also happens in Netscape and Mozilla. I had to
use Opera to even send this message. Tried in IE and the links did the same
thing. About ready to dump IE except some sites don't support Opera. I like
IE better when it worked properly.

Don Varnau

Good one!

Don

"Rich/rerat" <no.spam[at]isp.com> wrote in message
Phyllis,
In addition what Don has recommended, did you add an Ad-Pop-up blocker
program to your PC, or AV/Firewall Suite of programs, such as Norton or
McAffee. Or maybe the toolbars from Yahoo or Google? Or was added by your
ISP, such as EarthLink?

You may need to go into its settings, and select to allow such pop-ups for
that site, I had a similar issue with POGO game site, a banking site that I
use.

Rich/rerat

Thanks. Be aware that for those editing the HOST file to block pop-ups, don't be too aggressive with the amt of entries, because it to can restrict access to websites that you want.

Rich/rerat

(RRR News) <message rule>