Linking Excel numbers in PPT text & slides?

V

viasarpimilano

hi everyone.
Every time we finalize a ppt is a big pain to double check all the numbers that have changed since the previous version.
Numbers usually come from an Excel model.
These numbers are into the ppt either within a table with other data, or within the text like "dear Mr Brown, as you can see in the table below, the result equals XYZ" (where XYZ is the number I have to double check in each single slide)
Now, this "XYZ" is in different slides, and often some get neglected simply becaus we dont see it.

Is there a way to have a sort of placeholder in the ppt (like in Word mail merge [*]) so that every time i change the Excel number my ppt is updated?

thanks in advance

N

namadany1

hi everyone.

Every time we finalize a ppt is a big pain to double check all the numbers that have changed since the previous version.

These numbers are into the ppt either within a table with other data, or within the text like "dear Mr Brown, as you can see in the table below, the result equals XYZ" (where XYZ is the number I have to double check in each single slide)

Now, this "XYZ" is in different slides, and often some get neglected simply becaus we dont see it.

Is there a way to have a sort of placeholder in the ppt (like in Word mail merge [*]) so that every time i change the Excel number my ppt is updated?

thanks in advance

N

namadany1

hi everyone.

Copy the Excel data, go to PPT and click on Insert - Object. When you right click on the data in PPT it will open the original Excel file so you can edit the date.

Ask a Question