Link Excel Fields to Outlook Contacts

Steven

From: "Steven" <[email protected]>
Subject: Outlook Address book linked to Excel
Date: Tuesday, May 11, 2004 4:11 PM

I am looking for a way to display contact record information from within
Excel. How can I pull information into a worksheet based on current record
view within outlook. i.e., Company, Contact, Email, Phone, etc...???

Is there a way to do a data validation list to display all records from a
company field and have other named cells update based on the record
selected?

keepITcool

i'm working on a (shareware) addin called outLOOKUP to do just this..

though the 'engine' is ready, i'm still working on the user interface,
(with all the correct lists to enum the fieldsvalues for the
formulabuilder). Initially it will support ContactItems and MailItems
Optionally it will use redemption to evade outlook object model
protection.

datavalidation: you cant assign an array directly to the
the DV's formula.. it MUST be a string or range/name object.

so step 1:
Fill a range with the data,
z1:z1000 {=outlookup("*","FileAs","FileAs","Contacts")}

then step2:
a1 datavalidation = z1:z1000

then step3
a2:a4=outlookup
(a1,"FileAs","Company;FullName;MailingAddress","Contacts")

if you're interested please send me a mail.

keepITcool

< email : keepitcool chello nl (with @ and .) >
< homepage: http://members.chello.nl/keepitcool >

Dick Kusleika

Steven

You can pull Outlook information into Excel through automation. Start here
http://www.dicks-clicks.com/excel/olContacts.htm

If you want to put every company in a data validation drop down, I would
suggest putting the list on a separate sheet and using that list as the
source for you data validation. If yoiu need more help, provide some
specifics about where you data goes and what you want to do with it.