link buttons on live site

G

I have been using a theme for my pages, but selecting a link bar properties that is not the one assigned to that theme. Everything used to upload just fine, and the live site looked just like the one on my computer. Now, suddenly, the link buttons appear as text only surrounded by [ ] . I have tried re-uploading the site but that did not help. I tried specifically uploading the overlay and shared borders files, anad that did not help. I could not find a 'derived' folder to upload, as suggested in the the answser to a similar question posted. I tried deleting the link bar altogether and adding it back in. that did not help. I tried choosing a different style and that did not help. Thank you for any insight anyone might be able to provide. (www.edgeofthewoods.biz)

C

Crash Gordon

did you save the theme after you changed it?

| I have been using a theme for my pages, but selecting a link bar properties that is not the one assigned to that theme. Everything used to upload just fine, and the live site looked just like the one on my computer. Now, suddenly, the link buttons appear as text only surrounded by [ ] . I have tried re-uploading the site but that did not help. I tried specifically uploading the overlay and shared borders files, anad that did not help. I could not find a 'derived' folder to upload, as suggested in the the answser to a similar question posted. I tried deleting the link bar altogether and adding it back in. that did not help. I tried choosing a different style and that did not help. Thank you for any insight anyone might be able to provide. (www.edgeofthewoods.biz)

G

I am not sure what you mean..... I did make changes to the theme and saved them. The changes did not affect the button graphics, but the color pallette. The color changes are displaying properly both in the preview and the live site

When I was in design view using 'link bar properties/style" tab, I did not choose the default selection (buttons associated with this theme) but selected from the drop down list of choices in that dialog box. I hit OK and they appeared correctly when I previewed the site. I saved the website

thanks for reading my question!

C

Crash Gordon

No, I understand what you did, I mix and match theme graphics a lot. Sometimes I forget to Save AS...so I think what happens (to me at least) is the graphic from a different theme doesn't get saved into what is now essentially a new theme. Yikes...now I'm confusing myself.

post a url lets have a look see.

r.

| I am not sure what you mean..... I did make changes to the theme and saved them. The changes did not affect the button graphics, but the color pallette. The color changes are displaying properly both in the preview and the live site.
|
| When I was in design view using 'link bar properties/style" tab, I did not choose the default selection (buttons associated with this theme) but selected from the drop down list of choices in that dialog box. I hit OK and they appeared correctly when I previewed the site. I saved the website.
|
| thanks for reading my question!

G

THanks! the site is www.edgeofthewoods.biz. Right now it is still uploading, i deleted the link bars altogether (again) and even changed them from horizontal to vertical. I am hoping I can trick it into doing it correclty.... thanks for your help -

S

Stefan B Rusynko

I see buttons now but your links may not work
- remove all spaces and punctuation from all file / folder names - illegal html

--

| THanks! the site is www.edgeofthewoods.biz. Right now it is still uploading, i deleted the link bars altogether (again) and even
changed them from horizontal to vertical. I am hoping I can trick it into doing it correclty.... thanks for your help -

Ask a Question