Link between a cell and a cell on another worksheet

Pablo

Hi,

I have an excel file made by someone else (who is not available right now).
When I double click on a specific cell from worksheet1 it brings me to
worksheet2 at a specific cell. I know that I can create a hyperlink. However
I don't think that a hyperlink was used to create this link since when I pass
over the cell from worksheet1 I do not see the handle (white hand) that
usually appears for a hyperlink. Also I do not see the underlined link that
usually appears for a hyperlink. Any comment on how to create this type of
link is appreciated.

Thanks in advance for your help. Have a good day.

Pablo

Jim Cone

Pablo,

There is VBA programming "Event" code built into each sheet in a workbook.
The Worksheet_BeforeDoubleClick event sub is one of these events.
You can right-click the sheet tab and select View Code to see the module
that would or does contain the code.
The code is executed any time a cell is double-clicked on that worksheet.
--
Jim Cone
Portland, Oregon USA

"Pablo" <[email protected]>
I have an excel file made by someone else (who is not available right now).
When I double click on a specific cell from worksheet1 it brings me to
worksheet2 at a specific cell. I know that I can create a hyperlink. However
I don't think that a hyperlink was used to create this link since when I pass
over the cell from worksheet1 I do not see the handle (white hand) that
usually appears for a hyperlink. Also I do not see the underlined link that
usually appears for a hyperlink. Any comment on how to create this type of
link is appreciated.

Thanks in advance for your help. Have a good day.

Pablo

Gord Dibben

If you have Tools>Options>Edit "edit directly in cell" unchecked, a double-click
on a cell with a formula referencing another cell will jump you to the
referenced cell.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

Jim Cone

Gord,
Nice to know, thanks.
Jim Cone

"Gord Dibben" <gorddibbATshawDOTca>
wrote in message
If you have Tools>Options>Edit "edit directly in cell" unchecked, a double-click
on a cell with a formula referencing another cell will jump you to the
referenced cell.
Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

Pablo

Thanks to both of you I will give it a try tomorrow at work and keep you
updated.

Pablo