lines on photos

Reaction score
Just bought a new printer,an Epson 265,didn`t install it myself. Photos are coming out with black lines on them about 15mm apart and sometimes a green one. Never printed photos before,is there anything I can do about this? I am using Windows Vista Home Basic and Hewlett Packard Photosmart software.

Reaction score
Why are you running an Epson Printer using Hewlett Packard Photosmart software?

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
Feckit is right, your Epson might not "like" the HP Software - my new-ish HP Photosmart is really not too keen on me using certain other photo programmes :rolleyes:

The same problem occurred with my older printer sometimes, but curiously, the lines only appeared on prints of a particular size. At the time, I fiddled about with the print alignment settings and think that eventually did the trick for me and that old printer is still in use.

You could try running off a couple or so sheets of A4 on a high quality print setting, I have heard of that doing the trick for an Epson user who was having the "lines" problem. Failing that, I did a bit of scouting and found that:-

Perfectly Straight Thin Black Lines Down the Page is normally down to a scratched Drum Unit
HERE

Good luck :thumb: :)

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
It sounds like you need to clean the printer heads if you are getting lines - there should be an option in the printer software, or perhaps by using a button on the printer :)

Reaction score
You can download the right software for the printer from the Epson site, and it's free to do which helps!

I think this is the right one, but you can check easily enough

Make sure you choose the right paper setting, and print at the highest quality.

It might be worth checking that your pictures are 300dpi too, otherwise the print quality will be poor.

Ask a Question