Like some suggestions on getting started with the OpenNETCF software

J

J. Giudice

I am trying to learn how to use the OpenNETCF software with a PocketPC app and using VB. I have installed the 1.2 version on my system and added a reference to OpenNETCF.dll to my project. Then I tried to use a method in my application and am getting errors (crash) when my application comes to the OpenNETCF call.

The error screen I get is:

An unhandled exception of type 'System.TypeLoadException' occurred in System.Windows.Forms.dll

followed by:

An unhandled exception of type 'System.TypeLoadException' occurred in System.Windows.Forms.dll

then the crash.

My code where this is occuring is:
Dim ieProcess As OpenNETCF.Diagnostics.Process

ieProcess = OpenNETCF.Diagnostics.Process.Start("iexplore.exe", CurLink)

I have added a reference to the OpenNETCF.DLL and also have tried setting of Copy Local False and Copy Local True. Both mode fail with the same errors.

Any suggestions at this point?

Also, once I get this working I will be happy to do a little write up on how to get started with the OpenNETCF software from the prespective of VB programs getting started here. Let me know if people would find that valuable. My email adddress is @teaminfocenter.com and the user name jgiudice, if you want to send me mail directly.

C

Chris Tacke, eMVP

It sounds like the SDF binaries are not on the device. Are you using Studio to debug? If so, it should show what it's doing in the output window and it will push down the OpenNETCF binaries before launching your app.

--
Chris Tacke
Co-founder
OpenNETCF.org
Are you using the SDF? Let's do a case study.
Email us at d c s @ o p e n n e t c f . c o m
http://www.opennetcf.org/donate

I am trying to learn how to use the OpenNETCF software with a PocketPC app and using VB. I have installed the 1.2 version on my system and added a reference to OpenNETCF.dll to my project. Then I tried to use a method in my application and am getting errors (crash) when my application comes to the OpenNETCF call.

followed by:

then the crash.

I have added a reference to the OpenNETCF.DLL and also have tried setting of Copy Local False and Copy Local True. Both mode fail with the same errors.

Also, once I get this working I will be happy to do a little write up on how to get started with the OpenNETCF software from the prespective of VB programs getting started here. Let me know if people would find that valuable. My email adddress is @teaminfocenter.com and the user name jgiudice, if you want to send me mail directly.

J

J. Giudice

Right Chris that makes sense. Now, excuse the novice question but how do I get Studio to push the right binaries? I have years of experience at building windows apps but this is my first complex project with .NET CF and Pocket PC, so I am going through at steep learning curve here.

Thanks for any and all help.

It sounds like the SDF binaries are not on the device. Are you using Studio to debug? If so, it should show what it's doing in the output window and it will push down the OpenNETCF binaries before launching your app.

--
Chris Tacke
Co-founder
OpenNETCF.org
Are you using the SDF? Let's do a case study.
Email us at d c s @ o p e n n e t c f . c o m
http://www.opennetcf.org/donate

followed by:

then the crash.

Ask a Question