From: Frank Kabel [mailto:[email protected]]

Sent: Wednesday, July 28, 2004 3:43 PM

To: Strabeli, Gustavo

Subject: Re: "Last saved" information

Hi

change the function to

Function DocProps(prop As String, rng as range)

application.volatile

On Error GoTo err_value

DocProps = rng.parent.parent.BuiltinDocumentProperties _

(prop)

Exit Function

err_value:

DocProps = CVErr(xlErrValue)

End Function

and in your cell use

=DOCPROPS("last author",A1)

--

Regards

Frank Kabel

Frankfurt, Germany

The UDF below worked as a charm, however I'm facing a problem:
If a have another excel file opened, the current sheet (where I've

Frank Kabel

Hi
you should stay in the same thread :)
I posted you something via private email this evening :)

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

Gustavo said:
Hi, Frank!

Another question:

I have 2 sheets in the same workbook.

The function "DOCPROPS" is on sheet2. If someone updates any
information on sheet1 and saves, sheet2 will show this person's name.
Any way to change it?

Thanks again.

Gustavo.

Function DocProps(prop As String, rng as range)

application.volatile

On Error GoTo err_value

DocProps = rng.parent.parent.BuiltinDocumentProperties _

(prop)

Exit Function

err_value:

DocProps = CVErr(xlErrValue)

End Function

and in your cell use

=DOCPROPS("last author",A1)

The UDF below worked as a charm, however I'm facing a problem:
If a have another excel file opened, the current sheet (where I've
inserted the UDF) shows me the last saved author from the other
sheet...how can that be solved? Any clue?