Laser Printer.

Reaction score
I need advice regarding this printer: Brother Laser model HL-1440.

I got this item at a car boot sale month's ago for a quid but have still to connect it up to a PC. presently doing some clearing out what i need to know is it worth keeping if it is working alright?.

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
If it only cost you a quid and it works fine then leave it be..

Can't say i'd be surprised if it didn't work right though..Car boot sale eh..Naughty naughty! electrical items from a boot sale is a no no in my opinion..
nod.gif

Reaction score
Thank's thought i might take a chance he wouldn't take the 50p i offered though.

Will report back if it works or not

Cheer's

Last edited:

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Just hook it up to your PC and see what occurs.

If the computer recognises a device then go to Brother's site for the drivers, download them and give it a shot - you never know.

If you have to buy a toner cartridge to find out whether it works or not it may turn out to be an expensive waste of money if it doesn't work properly. A toner cartridge (mono) will typically cost around fifty quid.

I had a Brother laser mono printer, an HL 2030, for a few years, it started producing heavy banding. It needed a new print unit or something which, together with a new toner cartridge, actually cost more than a new one, so I dumped it.

I've seen people dumping perfectly good working printers at the council tip so you may be lucky. Good luck.

Reaction score
Thank's for your replies' never did try this machine out . I think the high cost of the black ink has put me off the whole idea , however more modern machines await my attention.

Reaction score
there ok printers the brothers, use a lot of them in my work, the 1440 are being faded out though as quite old now, but if they work there just fine.

Ask a Question