Large font sizes in IE

Since Thursday sites that I have been viewing in Ie which usually have smaller fonts, such as Google now have large ones which take up much more space. I don't know how they changed to the larger size but I don't know how to make them small again! Can anyone help, it would be very much appreciated.

Frank Saunders, MS-MVP

Frenchy said:
Since Thursday sites that I have been viewing in Ie which usually
have smaller fonts, such as Google now have large ones which take up
much more space. I don't know how they changed to the larger size but
I don't know how to make them small again! Can anyone help, it would
be very much appreciated.

Did you try View | Text Size?

--
Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, IE/OE
http://www.fjsmjs.com

I've got the same problem. Came on out of no where! Tried all the regular
menu items that control font size.. nothing works. The funny thing is, that
on most web sites (example: www.comcast.net), the "main" page is OK,
including text, but the text in the sidebar items (Weather, Sport, etc) are
huge! Please help.

After reading through several posts with same or similar problem... the
answer in most case seems to be clearing the check on "HIGH CONTRACT" on the
Accessibility option menu! Thanks!

Don Varnau

Hi,
Check these settings:
Internet Options> General> Accessibility. For most users, nothing should be
checked.

Control Panel> Accessibility Options> Display. Make sure that High Contrast
is not checked. Also click on Settings and uncheck Use Shortcut. That will
disable the Alt+Shift+Print Screen shortcut to High Contrast.

Hope this helps,
Don
[MS MVP- IE]

Don The High Contrast worked for me. I have been reading post's for a week
trying to find it.
You really helped me save my marriage. My wife was going to shoot me.
Many thanks
Jerry

claydaw said:
I've got the same problem. Came on out of no where! Tried all the regular
menu items that control font size.. nothing works. The funny thing is, that
on most web sites (example: www.comcast.net), the "main" page is OK,
including text, but the text in the sidebar items (Weather, Sport, etc) are
huge! Please help.

Frank Saunders said:
Did you try View | Text Size?
"Frenchy" <Frenchy[at]discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
Since Thursday sites that I have been viewing in Ie which usually
have smaller fonts, such as Google now have large ones which take up
much more space. I don't know how they changed to the larger size but
I don't know how to make them small again! Can anyone help, it would
be very much appreciated.

Clay It sure worked for me Many thanks
Jerry

claydaw said:
After reading through several posts with same or similar problem... the
answer in most case seems to be clearing the check on "HIGH CONTRACT" on the
Accessibility option menu! Thanks!

Don Many thanks I looked for a week for this answer
Jerry