Laptop battery replacement

Reaction score
The battery in my Evesham Quest A210 (4 years old) will no longer hold a charge for more than 10 minutes, and needs replacing. Evesham have, of course, disappeared from the scene, and noone advertises replacement batteries for their products.
What information do I need to ensure compatibility? Presumably not just the "BP8889" model number? There is a part number (44168520024), but I can't trace it. Surely there must be a compatible battery out there.
Any advice please?

Ad

Advertisements

Reaction score
Get a copy of Micromart, plenty of adverts in it for Laptop parts ect.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Evesham's don't seem to be listed anywhere so I would assume the A210 is another make with an Evesham badge.

This page >> Here would seem to bear that out.

EDIT: Forget that, that's just a list of hard drives to suit the A210. I think what you need to find is a substitute and for that I think you're going to have to do some searching.

There are numerous laptop battery suppliers on the 'net and it's worth shopping around. It's also worth buying from a supplier who will talk to you on the phone and doesn't correspond exclusively by e-mail.

Reaction score
Thanks, Feckit.
I searched their website, but no results for "Evesham".
May try the magazine.

Reaction score
Thanks, Floppybootstomp.
I've tried a few, including instant messaging chat, but they seem disinterested unless I can say exactly what I want.

Reaction score
Hi Bubka
All I can suggest, not really knowing what are you live in, but if there is a computer fare happening in your region, is just to get down ther with battery in hand and ask one of the shops about if they can do the same or a match for you...:thumb:

Ad

Advertisements

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Try e-mailing a couple of pics of it to suppliers, a long shot but worth a go. :)

Ask a Question