Lag?!?

Reaction score
hey folks, I play Guild Wars .. a lot ... but lately ive been getting a lot of lag. but while i am getting lag, i can receive private messages and "surf" the net fine. i dont think that its my graphics card and im not sure if its my connection or RAM. i was wondering if u had any ideas.

Asus P4P800-E
Intel Pentuim 4 3.0ghz
Asus Radeon 9550 128mb
512mb (2 X 256) (went budget) :blush:
HDD 80gb (went budget) :blush:
HDD 120gb (went budget) :blush:

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Are you running the game by itself? Close down MSN/Browsers/E-Mail apps which could hog bandwidth, as it has a big effect :)

Reaction score
hey, thaks for the input. i tried both suggestions and it seemed to work at first and then i was stuck looking at the same screen for 5 mins then timed out (and lost 2k at the same time) ... anyways. i guess its my connection after all. :( :( :(

Reaction score
dont know too much about this network (residence) but it is connected at 100mbps

Reaction score
hhmm, i wasted my 3 free tries. lol i did cable - unbelivable ... adsl - awesome ... and tried cable again - unbelievable ... and i just called the IT help desk. they said some kinda wierd thing but all i heard was ethernet ... 10mbps external, 100mbps internal

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
you seem to have a pretty good connection, if your on a large network then it may be that at peak times when everyone is using it the connection just cant cope

Reaction score
well the nthe peak times are pretty much 24/7 ... with the exception of maybe 20 mins between each our :p

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
The problem is with them ... not you!

They do now say, after a recent upgrade (last night) ... haha, that these ERR= errors and "lagg" should happen less ... but happen they will.

Oh, and I'm "Muckshifter Of Old" and "The Deadly Bow" ...

... happy hunting.

:thumb: :D :cool:

Reaction score
but you play on the European servers dont you. i play on the American servers.

"Ded Menace" and "Ded Monk"

lol i tried to play just now but before i could start the mission i timed out...anyways

Last edited:

muckshifter

Reaction score
It is still them and not your kit (PC) ... ;)

America v Europe, devided by 6 Billion PCs = "ERR=7"

... again, :D

Reaction score
well maybe they do have problems with their servers but i spoke to my roommate (doesnt happen often) and he says that he gets lots of lag too so i guess its the network ... maybe they throttle the IPs or something. or maybe they close the ports. i really dont know but i know its not just me and GW.

muckshifter

Reaction score
Maybe, I'm really not sure ... however, here is an email I received ... try it, it may offer up more info?

Hello,

Thanks for contacting the Guild Wars customer support team. We are sorry to hear that you are experiencing lag while playing Guild Wars. Our server teams are constantly monitoring our servers to provide the best gameplay experience possible for everyone playing Guild Wars. To further investigate the issue you reported, please provide us with the following information:

Please run the following tests while you are experiencing lags. Do not close Guild Wars when you are executing these tests, simply minimize it.

Click Start->Run

Type command
The command console will appear

Test 1:

- Type Tracert -d 206.127.145.228 to perform a traceroute to our servers
- Please send us the output of this command

Test 2:

- Type netstat -n

Test 3:

- Type "pathping 206.127.145.228" (this command will run for some minutes)

As soon as we receive these details, we will be able to further investigate the issue you were reporting. Thank you very much for your understanding and your cooperation.

Regards,

GM Camillo
NCsoft Europe

http://www.guildwars.com

I followed their "test", quite imformative ... it gave me the insight that "MY system was NOT the cause of their problems" .... :thumb:

Ask a Question