Keyboard Shortcut Keys - Characters in Spanish

Arturo

I prepare Powerpoint presentations in Spanish occasionally
but cannot find keyboard shortcut keys for special
characters of the Spanish language.

In Word, the various shortcut keys are shown in the
Insert/Symbol screen. For example, the shortcut keys on
the keyboard for words with accents are
Control/Apostrophe/a, e, i, o, or u. Working in Spanish
in Word is easy.

Not so in Powerpoint. The Insert/Symbol screen shows no
keyboard shortcut keys. How can I "activate" this feature
of Powerpoint?

I prefer not to change language keyboards back-and-forth.

Fabe

find out the ASCII number for the character you want then
keep alt key pressed when you enter the number

ie the symbol © is obtained by: alt 0169

You can get the ASCI characters from the windows help
documentation

Fabe

Arturo

Fabe:
I tried your suggestion - got the ASCII numbers but am
not able to get input them with ALT pressed. Will keep
trying. Thanks very much, anyway. I appreciate your
trying to help.

Arturo

Michael Koerner

You Have to use the Alt+ numbers on the Number pad, not the numbers on top of
your keyboard.

--
<>Please post all follow-up questions/replies to the newsgroup<>
<><><>Do Provide The Version Of PowerPoint You Are Using<><><>

Fabe:
I tried your suggestion - got the ASCII numbers but am
not able to get input them with ALT pressed. Will keep
trying. Thanks very much, anyway. I appreciate your
trying to help.

Arturo

Steve Rindsberg

As someone else has mentioned, you have to use the numeric keypad, not the
numbers at the top of the keyboard. This gets to be a real nuisance on
laptops. Instead, use Character Map (you'll find it somewhere under Start,
Programs, Accessories)

--
Posted to news://msnews.microsoft.com
Steve Rindsberg, PPT MVP

Fabe:
I tried your suggestion - got the ASCII numbers but am
not able to get input them with ALT pressed. Will keep
trying. Thanks very much, anyway. I appreciate your
trying to help.

Arturo

Arturo

Michael:
I have a laptop - no numbers pad. I have used the "Num
Lk" in conjunction with the ALT key - still nothing. I
appreciate your suggestion, anyway. Someone else
suggested I try Character Map. Will do. Thanks again.
Using said:
<><><>Do Not Post Attachments In This Newsgroup<><><>
Michael Koerner [MS PPT MVP]

Fabe:
I tried your suggestion - got the ASCII numbers but am
not able to get input them with ALT pressed. Will keep
trying. Thanks very much, anyway. I appreciate your
trying to help.

Arturo
find out the ASCII number for the character you want then
keep alt key pressed when you enter the number

ie the symbol © is obtained by: alt 0169

You can get the ASCI characters from the windows help
documentation

Fabe
.

.

Michael Koerner

FWIW, I also have a Laptop (Toshiba) To get into numeric mode, I turn on the
overlay by pressing Fn+F11. I then can use the overlay keys to create the
special characters like Alt+0124 to produce | or I can also use Alt+Fn, and the
ASCII (0124) code to produce the same results.