Keyboard & Excel

Fred Chrysler

This is really a keyboard issue but it only seems to do this in Excel so
here it goes. I have an older Microsoft keyboard the model is Microsoft
Internet Keyboard Pro. I do not have the documentation. Over the
traditional Print Screen, Scroll Lock, and Pause buttons are 3 lights. The
1st is for the num lock, the 2nd is for the caps lock, the 3rd is unknown to
me. The light is lit and the corresponding icon is a down arrow with a line
under it. Does anyone know it's usage and how to turn it on/off? I assume
it is the reason why in Excel when I push one of the dedicated arrow keys
(not on the num pad) the highlighted cell does not move in the direction of
the arrow, rather it will work the up/down and right/left scroll bar. The
arrows appear to work okay with other programs. I really like this keyboard
but need to get it out of this mode.

Any help you can give would be appreciated.

Fred

Jim Cone

On my setup, that is the Scroll Lock button indicator.
Press the Scroll Lock button and...
--
Jim Cone
Portland, Oregon USA

"Fred Chrysler"
<[email protected]>
wrote in message
[...]

Shane Devenshire

Hi,

Most likely its scroll lock to turn it on and off just hit the Scroll Lock
button. However, in Excel and probably most programs, you should leave
Scroll Lock off.

It moves the screen rather that the cursor in response to the cursor keys.
Try it.

Fred Chrysler

Thank you.

Fred

Shane Devenshire said:
Hi,

Most likely its scroll lock to turn it on and off just hit the Scroll Lock
button. However, in Excel and probably most programs, you should leave
Scroll Lock off.

It moves the screen rather that the cursor in response to the cursor keys.
Try it.

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire