Keeping format while concatenating

RiotLoadTime

On Sheet 1 (called List), I have columns for "Article Title", "Authors",
"Journal", etc. (see below). On Sheet 2, I want to use the data from
Sheet 1 and the concatenate function in order to form the citation for
the article (i.e. a citation for a scholarly article in a science
journal).

| Article Title | Authors | Journal | Year | Month | Vol.(No.):pages |

I used the formula: CONCATENATE(List!B2,". ",List!A2,". ",List!C2,".
",List!D2," ",List!E2,";",List!F2,".")

On Sheet 1, the journal titles are italicized. When I reference them
with concatenate on Sheet 2, however, they aren't italized. I can't
just change the format of the cells on Sheet 2 to italicized ,though,
because I don't want the rest of the citation (like author, year, etc.)
to be italicized, just the date. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
-RiotLoadTime

Bob Phillips

You won't get what you want without delving into VBA and setting specific
characters. Is it worth the effort?

--
HTH

Bob Phillips