Keep an eye on your Credit Card Bill...

Reaction score
They are Welcome...

They can have my Credit Card Statements, nothing to blackmail me there. They can have my identity as well as long as they pay off my mortgage, my overdraft and my maintenance payments to my ex-wife !

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Credit Card fraud seems so widespread now - I know of quite a few people who have been "done" on fraud scams. I check my statement most days to see what is left, so I'm always on the lookout for any rogue withdrawals!

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
I check my statement most days to see what is left, so I'm always on the lookout for any rogue withdrawals!

Ha ha.. That one made me laugh Ian, I'm always on the lookout for any rogue deposits..(Wishful thinking i know)..But you never know there might be a robin hood figure out there somewhere....:D

Reaction score
For safety pay by credit card. Rubbish !

This is a long input but please read on if you pay by Credit Card. Forget what you think about Distance Selling Regulations Assuming you have read all the horror stories about Mesh Computers on other threads you will know how mentally scarred I am now .
Are you like me thinking that if you buy on your credit card you have some sort of mysterious protection. If so read on.
I have been in dispute with Mesh since April 24th 2005. Returned a PC that just turned up at the door even though I had cancelled it at the ordering stage weeks earlier. Months of hassle.
Put the amount paid in dispute with the credit card company. Got my refund eventually bit minus £42 delivery charge. Considering this was their cock up I told the Credit Card company who said my dispute was marked as "Resolved" as Mesh as paid most of it. To make it worse even though i pay my balance in full each month by DDR I got stung for Interest of about £26.
No amount of screraming and bawling at the credit card company can make them see that this is totally unjust. Mesh made the cockup and they should not have marked it as resolved
This is an email extract from Halifax Credit Card Services today

I appreciate the problems you have experienced with Mesh Computers, however
i must advise that a credit card is a guaranteed form of payment, therefore
when you disclose your card number to a merchant, you are in effect
authorising them to debit your account for the transaction. We have very
strict guidelines when assisting with disputes and in situations such as
this we have no rights of recourse.

I hope you are able to obtain a satisfactory conclusion to this matter with
the merchant concerned.

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Sorry to hear that Tellboy just keep plugging away and i'm sure you'll get there in the end and maybe get the delivery refunded......:)

Ask a Question