KB835732 Nightmare

Carl Mankat

I survived the KB835732 mess but it took a week of part time looking.
Now that I have removed it and returned my system to what passes for
normal I have a couple of questions. This ignores the question of what
do they do for test.

1. Has Microsoft said anything to date about the mess they created on
many systems?
2. How can I find out when they issue a patch if it will bite me or not?

I'm leery of installing anything and I know that's not good.

TIA,
Carl

Bill Bean

I've been in touch with someone from the "Windows Update
Team." They are gathering information and trying to
identify the problem. At least we know they are working
on it.

Lance

Carl Mankat, in all wisdom, typed:
2. How can I find out when they issue a patch if it will bite me
or not?

I'm leery of installing anything and I know that's not good.

Don't install new patches immediately. Monitor this newsgroup for about 24
hours after a new patch is issued. That way you'll hear from dummies like me
who install patches about an hour after they hit WindowsUpdate.

Lance
*****

HelpPls

Hey -

I installed this patch on my XP Pro machine and haven't noticed anything out
of the ordinary. What symptoms were you all experiencing?

Thanks - Sean

Leonard Agoado

"HelpPls" wrote in message

I installed this patch on my XP Pro machine and haven't noticed anything out
of the ordinary. What symptoms were you all experiencing?

Have you read anything here in the last ten days?

Len Agoado
(e-mail address removed)