Jumpin' toolbars

Colonel Blip

Hello, All!

Is there some way to lock toolbars in place for Word? I find that they move
around, somewhat radomly, from boot to boot in both OL and Word (Office
2k3).

Thanks,

Colonel Blip.
E-mail: (e-mail address removed)

TF

I've not noticed that 'docked' toolbars move randomly. Are you using
floating Toolbars? If so the problem with floating toolbars is that they are
smart enough to move out of your way, but not smart enough to move back
again!

--
Terry Farrell - Word MVP
http://word.mvps.org/

: Hello, All!
:
: Is there some way to lock toolbars in place for Word? I find that they
move
: around, somewhat radomly, from boot to boot in both OL and Word (Office
: 2k3).
:
: Thanks,
:
: Colonel Blip.
: E-mail: (e-mail address removed)
:
:

Colonel Blip

Hello, TF!
You wrote on Fri, 1 Apr 2005 22:52:12 +0100:

No these are docked. If order is 1,2,3&4, 5 docked on top, every once in a
while I s/u, open Word or send mail from OL and it might be 1,2&4,5, 3 as an
example. Really strange.

Thanks,

Colonel Blip.
E-mail: (e-mail address removed)

T> I've not noticed that 'docked' toolbars move randomly. Are you using
T> floating Toolbars? If so the problem with floating toolbars is that they
T> are smart enough to move out of your way, but not smart enough to move
T> back again!

TF

The only time I have noticed that happening is when an ADOBE toolbar has
been installed. Like everything else from Adobe, it makes its own decisions
about life and will put its toolbar at any place it feels like when you open
Word (or Outlook) and that results in the other toolbars moving around to
accommodate Adobe!

Personally, I dislike the selection of tools on nearly all the built in
toolbars, so I have created 3 toolbars of my own. I have one across the top
of the screen that has mostly those icons taken from the Standard and
Formatting tools plus a few dragged out of the 'list of most important
commands that Microsoft hides away so that 99% of users don't even know they
exist and are vastly more useful than the drivel they place on the
toolbars'.

At the bottom, I have the second toolbar that mostly comprises tools from
the Drawing, Tables, Picture and PDF999 tools. On the left I dock a third
toolbar that mostly has the customised styles and macros that I use for my
work template and document creation. These are all stored in Toolbar.dot
that I place in Word Startup (and the Toolbar.dot is safely stored just in
case!).

Terry

: Hello, TF!
: You wrote on Fri, 1 Apr 2005 22:52:12 +0100:
:
: No these are docked. If order is 1,2,3&4, 5 docked on top, every once in a
: while I s/u, open Word or send mail from OL and it might be 1,2&4,5, 3 as
an
: example. Really strange.
:
: Thanks,
:
: Colonel Blip.
: E-mail: (e-mail address removed)
:
: T> I've not noticed that 'docked' toolbars move randomly. Are you using
: T> floating Toolbars? If so the problem with floating toolbars is that
they
: T> are smart enough to move out of your way, but not smart enough to move
: T> back again!
:
: