Java Virtual machine

Zonzon

I have a new computer; AMD 2500XP, Win xp pro, 256 memory and a good mb. I
downloaded the sun java virtual machine from their site
http://www.java.com/en/index

and installed it.

When my lady friend do her daily puzzle, the screen freeze halfway tru the
puzzle. I checked the cpu temperature and it is below 55 celcius whick is
ok.

Surprisingly i have a similar computer with win xp, AMD 1700XP and the sun
java virtual machine and the screen never freeze.

Any ideas what i might do to solve her problem, aside from lending her my
computer?

GG

Adam Turner

The java 1.4.2 plugin may have been corrupted or an older version may be attempting to run simultaneously.

Check Add/Remove programs to ensure there is only one java plugin installed.

If the problem persists, uninstall Java and reinstall offline. The online download/install isn't always successful

I have a new computer; AMD 2500XP, Win xp pro, 256 memory and a good mb. I
downloaded the sun java virtual machine from their site
http://www.java.com/en/index

and installed it.

When my lady friend do her daily puzzle, the screen freeze halfway tru the
puzzle. I checked the cpu temperature and it is below 55 celcius whick is
ok.

Surprisingly i have a similar computer with win xp, AMD 1700XP and the sun
java virtual machine and the screen never freeze.

Any ideas what i might do to solve her problem, aside from lending her my
computer?

GG

AnnonUser

Adam said:
The java 1.4.2 plugin may have been corrupted or an older version may
be attempting to run simultaneously.

Check Add/Remove programs to ensure there is only one java plugin
installed.

If the problem persists, uninstall Java and reinstall offline. The
online download/install isn't always successful

"Zonzon" <[email protected] <mailto:[email protected]>>
wrote in message I have a new computer; AMD 2500XP, Win xp pro, 256 memory and a
good mb. I
downloaded the sun java virtual machine from their site
http://www.java.com/en/index

and installed it.

When my lady friend do her daily puzzle, the screen freeze halfway
tru the
puzzle. I checked the cpu temperature and it is below 55 celcius
whick is
ok.

Surprisingly i have a similar computer with win xp, AMD 1700XP and
the sun
java virtual machine and the screen never freeze.

Any ideas what i might do to solve her problem, aside from lending
her my
computer?

GG

Download and install the latest Java from SunJava on your lady-friend's
machine. This is different than Java Virtual Machine.