Japanese and Chinese RC files in Embedded Visual C++ 4

G

Hi all,

I have been trying to have my resource files translated to Japanese and Chinese on PocketPC. I have the text available in Shift-JIS for Japanese, and I paste it into the String Table editor. I also set the language in the Resources tab to Japanese (so that the rc compiler uses the proper encoding).
I build it as resource only dll (MFC shared library dll project). The main ap is just a CPL file that I copy to the \Windows folder of my device along with the translated resource dlls.
The problem is that the characters do not show up properly on the device.
Do I need anything else in special to build a resource file in Shift-JIS encoding?
Is there any step missing here? Any help is apreciated. Thanks.

Anderson

K

KM

Anderson,

What does your issue have anything to do with Windows XPE Embedded?
Try posting to Pocket PC newsgroups.

--
Regards,
KM, BSquare Corp.

I have been trying to have my resource files translated to Japanese and Chinese on PocketPC. I have the text available in
Shift-JIS for Japanese, and I paste it into the String Table editor. I also set the language in the Resources tab to Japanese (so
that the rc compiler uses the proper encoding).
I build it as resource only dll (MFC shared library dll project). The main ap is just a CPL file that I copy to the \Windows
folder of my device along with the translated resource dlls.

Ask a Question