Is this a good pc spec

Reaction score
I've been trying to build a nice pc spec for the last 2 weeks now, and i think i have finally did it :p | but, i want to know if the case is ok and wether everything will fit?

AMD Athlon Barton XP2500+ 333FSB CPU - OEM _____ £65.21
Sapphire ATi Radeon 9600 Pro 128MB DDR TV-Out/DVi - Retail _____ £117.44 |
Asus A7N8X-X nForce2 Motherboard _____ £54.05 |
Adata 512MB PC3200 DDR 184 Pin DiMM _____ £58.75 |
Thermaltake Volcano 11 - Xaser Edition XP 3400+ _____ £21.15 | £265.55
Maxtor DiamondBack +9 120GB 7200RPM 8MB Cache OeM _____ £73.44 |
Logitech Internet Keyboard Black OeM _____ £12.92 |
Creative Inspire 4.1 4400 Speakers OeM _____ £32.90 |
ThermalTake SmartCase Fan 2 ____ £9.40 |
Metro Black/Silver Set 350 Watt PSU _____ £41.23 |
OptoRite 52x24x52x CDRW Retail _____ £25.85 |

------------
the case comes with a free mouse, and keyboard, but i'm giving the keyboard to someone.

Reaction score
Hey,

There shouldnt be any issues there. Make sure your power supply has lots of feeds if you plan to add more stuff as time goes by. If you dont mind buying online, www.ebuyer.co.uk and www.overclockers.co.uk are dirt cheap, if £££ is tight. I dont know if it`s ok to endorse websites here so that bit mite get taken out. Good luck :)

Kenny

Reaction score
You can endorse websites here, as long as you don't directly benift from doing so (ie pimp).

I'd also recommend getting a PSU with a good power rating/many lines. Personally though, i'd spend some cash on a good brand of PSU, the cheapo ones are frozen whilst there wattage is detirmined, so they claim to be able ot output much more power than they actually can at room temperature. If there is one component that can cause crashes, graphics and hard drive problems its the PSU, so in my view (and experience from several el-cheapo ones) its worth spending that extra tenner on.

Ask a Question