Is there software available that does this?

hxn

Reaction score
Hi, I hope someone out there can help me.

I'm looking a simple graphics program where the user can;

1) Construct a two-dimensional grid of square cells; say 50 cells by 50 cells.

2) Draw a linear path through the grid of cells.

3) Activate the path so that the cells the path passes through become coloured in sequence, i.e;

Start –
1st cell becomes Red
2nd cell becomes Blue
3rd cell becomes Yellow
4th cell becomes Red

And so on; following the Red, Blue, Yellow sequence until the end of the path.

4) Save the linear path on the grid and the coloured result as a jpeg, bmp or tiff file.

5) Be able to adjust the settings to alter;

a) The number the cells in the grid in the x and y directions
b) The number of colours in the sequence
c) The colours in the sequence.
-----------------------------------------
I know nothing about programming. I am an amateur abstract artist (acrylic on canvas) who is seeking to lessen the time involved in the process of attaining inspiration.

Does such a program exist that allows the above? I have no idea how to find one other than 'ask-the-experts'. I don't even know if this is the correct forum to ask this type of question. If this is the wrong place please be kind and direct me to where I should be.

Regards, hxn :confused:

hxn

Reaction score
Cheers, Goodfellow. Shortly after posting this request on another site a young programmer picked this up as a project and posted an open source program that did 95% of what I am looking for. Just need that final tweek to get there!
hxn :nod:

Ask a Question