Is there an author field in Excel?

KittyB

I want to add the name of the author to the footer in Excel.
I know that Excel knows the name of the author.
I can see it in document properties, and whenever I create a macro, my name
appears.
I would like to print the name at the bottom of the page.
Is there any way to do this?

I do not see a button for Author on the custom Header/Footer dialog box.

Jim Cone

Sub GiveMeCredit()
ActiveSheet.PageSetup.RightFooter = Application.UserName
End Sub
--
Jim Cone
Portland, Oregon USA

"KittyB" <[email protected]>
wrote in message
I want to add the name of the author to the footer in Excel.
I know that Excel knows the name of the author.
I can see it in document properties, and whenever I create a macro, my name
appears.
I would like to print the name at the bottom of the page.
Is there any way to do this?

I do not see a button for Author on the custom Header/Footer dialog box.

Gord Dibben

Example code...........strip out the properties you don't need.

Sub Stuff_In_Footer()
With ActiveSheet.PageSetup
.LeftFooter = _
ThisWorkbook.BuiltinDocumentProperties("Title") & " " & _
ThisWorkbook.BuiltinDocumentProperties("Subject") & " " & _
ThisWorkbook.BuiltinDocumentProperties("Author") & " " & _
Format(ThisWorkbook.BuiltinDocumentProperties("Creation Date"), _
"yyyy-mmm-dd hh:mm:ss")
.LeftHeader = ThisWorkbook.CustomDocumentProperties("Client")
End With
End Sub

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

Gord Dibben

Jim

The Author of the workbook is not necessarily the name of the user who opens
the workbook.

Gord

Jim Cone

Gord,