Is there a way to merge 2 distibution lists in Outlook?

K

Kylie

I have 2 seperate distribution lists and am wanting to merge the contacts
contained in them into one distribution list, is this possible?

B

Brian Tillman

Kylie said:
I have 2 seperate distribution lists and am wanting to merge the
contacts contained in them into one distribution list, is this
possible?

Make a new DL and make the original DLs members. Simple.

Reaction score
I have just devised a way to merge D-lists. If any one else has already arrived at this solution, my apologies for taking the credit.

(This has only been tried with Outlook 2003)

Step 1:
Open a new e-mail.

Step 2:
Open your contact list and in the "TO" field, enter all of the D-lists that you wish to merge.

Step 3:
Click the + (plus) sign next to each D-list. This will expand the lists into individual addresses.

Step 4: Select all the addresses in the "TO" field. This can be done by right clicking anywhere in the "To" field. The context menu will pop-up, and you can then click copy.

Step 5: Open a new blank D-list. Click on the "Select Members..." button

Step 6: Paste what you have copied from the "TO" field of the e-mail to the "Add to the distribution list" field. Then click "OK".

You have merged all the addresses. If there are any duplicates, they will be easy to find and remove due to the list being sorted alphabetically.

Reaction score
Perfect. Clean and simple. Much appreciated.
Les

I have just devised a way to merge D-lists. If any one else has already arrived at this solution, my apologies for taking the credit.

(This has only been tried with Outlook 2003)

Step 1:
Open a new e-mail.

Step 2:
Open your contact list and in the "TO" field, enter all of the D-lists that you wish to merge.

Step 3:
Click the + (plus) sign next to each D-list. This will expand the lists into individual addresses.

Step 4: Select all the addresses in the "TO" field. This can be done by right clicking anywhere in the "To" field. The context menu will pop-up, and you can then click copy.

Step 5: Open a new blank D-list. Click on the "Select Members..." button

Step 6: Paste what you have copied from the "TO" field of the e-mail to the "Add to the distribution list" field. Then click "OK".

You have merged all the addresses. If there are any duplicates, they will be easy to find and remove due to the list being sorted alphabetically.

Ask a Question