Is there a limit on the length of a PrintArea?

I have a worksheet that can contain anywhere from 22 to 40 embedded charts.
I am trying to create code that sets non contiguous <sp> print ranges so that
each chart will print on it's own page. Each chart is 51R x 22C. When the
length of the print range string I've built exceeds 255 characters I get a RT
1004 error "Unable to set the PrintArea property....". Does anyone know of a
way around this limitation or suggest an alternative way to accomplish the
task?

Jim Cone

A different approach...

Sub PrintCharts()
Dim chtObj As Excel.ChartObject
For Each chtObj In ActiveSheet.ChartObjects
chtObj.Chart.PrintOut
Next
Set chtObj = Nothing
End Sub
--
Jim Cone
San Francisco, USA

"Chuck M" <[email protected]>
I have a worksheet that can contain anywhere from 22 to 40 embedded charts.
I am trying to create code that sets non contiguous <sp> print ranges so that
each chart will print on it's own page. Each chart is 51R x 22C. When the
length of the print range string I've built exceeds 255 characters I get a RT
1004 error "Unable to set the PrintArea property....". Does anyone know of a
way around this limitation or suggest an alternative way to accomplish the
task?

Hi Jim. I like your approach. Thanks! I'd like to take this one step further
to see if each chart could be a separate page in one main document. The
charts are to be emailed to multiple receipients on a monthly basis. One
large document would be easier to handle. I know I didn't explain this in my
original post. Any thoughts?